Sunday, November 29, 2009

Which downloads for .net framework fo i need?

One day I was deleting things that I thought I didn't need on my computer and a bunch of those were all of the .net frameworks. I didn't think it was a problem until I tried to get into my ati program and it said it needed .net framwork. I paniced and re-downloaded them but it is still not working. These are the things that I have right now:



Microsoft .net framework 2.0



microsoft .net framework 3.0



Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP



Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0



So what do i need?



Which downloads for .net framework fo i need?microsoft office 2003



You may have to do a search on Google for Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP and Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0. From my priliminary findings your better off leaving them installed.



As for .Net Framework, it's a good idea to have .Net version 1.0/1.1/2.0/3.0/3.5 installed all at the same time. They're big files and they certainly take up room, but if you only install one you risk the possibility of programs not working. The different versions aren't backwards compatiable, so a program that runs on .Net 1.1 may not work if you only have .Net 3.5 installed.



To make sure you have the latest version of .Net installed and to re-download anything you uninstalled go to www.windowsupdate.com and choose the "Custom" scanning option. Once it's done, check under the "Recommended Updates" and download them there.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate