Friday, November 27, 2009

Do I really Need theses? .NET?

Microsoft .Net Frameworks 1.1, 2.0, 3.0? I'm not a programmer and have had XP since 2001. Just curious cause every time I download a new one it just seems to take up more space and makes nothing better.



Can you tell me why I would need these programs of if I need just one or all of them?



Examples would be nice 2 or 3.



Do I really Need theses? .NET?microsoft xp



.net framework is needed to run applications/sites coded in .net need the older ones for the older programs. if its coded in .net 1.1 - you need that, can't use 2.0



keep them all - if space is an issue, buy a larger hard drive or clean up other stuff



Do I really Need theses? .NET?download windows xp internet explorer



some programs or application need Microsoft .Net Frameworks to run...maybe tat's is the cause..
Think of them as add-ons to the operating system.



In general, you don't need these unless a specific program is needing them. Not sure there are too many that do at this point in time. Besides, if you install a program that does need them, it will tell you.



I feel it is safe to ignore these updates. You'll know when you need them and then you can go get them. It's Microsoft running ahead of itself again.
A lot of new programs are being designed using .Net 2.0, theres not much of 3.0 around but surely in the future there will be lots... for example games new games... I mean anything new in M$ will be .Net
.NET is a base for some applications, a good example is Paint.NET which requires .NET 2.0 to run. if you dont download programs that use .NET framework, then you dont need to install it.
The .NET Framework is responsible for certain aspects of internet programming. If you don't use any internet applications that require it, get rid of it. If you don't want to get rid of them all, just lose the older ones, 1.1 and 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate