Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I have windows xp sp2 on my computer but there are sp1 things that are there too do i need them?

i have windows xp service pack 2... but under installed programs when i click to add or remove programs it shows the following under currently installed programs(which i was wondering about):



Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1,



Microsoft.NET framework 1.1 Hotfix,



Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1,



Microsoft.NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1,



and Windows XP Service Pack 2.



I thought SP2 was good but i dont know if SP1 has anything much to do with SP2 for windows XP. i didnt know if i could uninstall any of the listed programs above. I have an HP pavilion 310n desktop and i recently (well a few months ago) upgraded to SP2... but i dont know what the SP1 things are. if someone could explain the above items to me and which is better to have and what i might want to delete if i just want SP2. Thanks!



I have windows xp sp2 on my computer but there are sp1 things that are there too do i need them?internet explorer update



Don't delete anything. There are a lot of security fixes in SP2 that address problems in SP1. Don't worry about a thing. As a matter of fact a lot of software requires SP2 in order to run correctly. If you are doing the Microsoft updates through their website then just use the Express updates. You will get the most critical security updates.



To see the details go to Microsoft.com, and look for the link for SP2. The list of fixes is quite extensive.



I have windows xp sp2 on my computer but there are sp1 things that are there too do i need them?web browser internet explorer



yess you still need all the other stuff to

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate