Friday, November 27, 2009

Where do ASP.NET apps. using Framework 1.0/1.1, store there temp data in Vista?

My problem is similar to here:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827190#a...



Where as I cant connect to a my local database due to an "Unspecified Error". I've looked at the connection string like hundreds of times and had people check it and they said that there's nothing wrong with it. It basically doesn't connect when you're defining the database, no code involved. Considering this document was written in terms of WinXP, I'm woundering where those files are located in Vista. The other thing I noticed is that I have .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 but no 1.0 . Should I download it?



Where do ASP.NET apps. using Framework 1.0/1.1, store there temp data in Vista?microsoft word 2003



If you have 1.1 then you don't need 1.0. If you're programming in Visual Studio be aware of the fact that VS 2003 and earlier is not compatible with Vista. Which means that if you are programming against the 1.1 framework, you are using an incompatible prog since only VS 2005 is Vista compatible and it only uses the 2.0 framework. Vista has 1.1 installed for backward compatibility. Like Quickbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate